Our 2015 Home Staging Statistics
Over 90% of buyers view homes on-line prior to visiting them in person. This means your MLS photos must stand out to entice them to visit the home.
Buyers will stay in a vacant home an average of 5 minutes but linger in a furnished home an average of 40 minutes. Only 10% of people can visualize what a space would look like furnished, while the other 90% cannot imagine how they’d live in the home.
We compared the homes we consulted on that we staged to those we consulted on and the owners chose not to stage. Our home staging statistics are the same for both Occupied and Vacant homes. Here are the averages of our data:
- The homes we staged sold at 102% of their asking price, compared to the homes that were unstaged, which sold at 95% of their asking price. The homes we staged sold for 7% more than unstaged homes!
- The homes we staged also received an accepted offer in 14 days while the homes that were unstaged received an accepted offer in 71 days. The homes we staged sold 80% faster than unstaged homes!
Bottom line: People are willing to pay more for homes that look bright, clean, and stylish. Staging is an investment in your home that has a high return-on-investment. The question isn’t, “Can I afford to stage my home?” it is “Can I afford NOT to stage my home?”
Call us for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help you sell your home 80% faster and for 7% more!